Dotted with beautiful islands, blessed with natural beauty, beautiful architectural buildings, foodie heaven and the good-natured people, Malaysia is worth a visit. Mostly tropical weather all around the year, the demographic mix of Malaysia makes it truly Asia. People from all ethnicities live in this country in peace and harmony. Buddhists, Chinese, Muslims, Hindus all call Malaysia as their home.
As I pen down this post, I am waiting for my flight to Kuala Lumpur, in fact, 10 days ago I did not know that I was to fly to Malaysia again.
This time, I will be there for 6 days exploring the pristine beaches of Redang Island and be attending the Squid jigging festival at Terengganu. As an Indian, if we want to visit Malaysia we need a tourist visa. So, I have jotted down everything about the visa process based on my recent experience. Hope it helps to plan your vacation to this beautiful country.
You can also go ahead with a company like iVisa, they can take care of all your paperwork and you can get the e-visa by email. Quick and easy.
5 Working days
- You need to submit the visa application form which can be downloaded from below link:
Ensure that the application form is filled in Upper Case letters.
- You will need three recent photographs and face should take up 60-70 % of the photograph. Check the exact specifications here.
- Bank statement for last six months.
- Two copies of Bio Page of you passport.
- Your passport should be valid for at least next 6 months from the date of application.
- Return Air Tickets (this is not mandatory but its good to have)
- Demand draft for Visa Fee and VFS charges. ( Note: Demand draft of selected banks are only considered. Check the list of banks here. )
- If you want to get the passport delivered to your address then VFS charges INR 400/- for the same.
All the documents are to be submitted to your nearest VFS center.
I applied for my passport on a Monday and my passport with the approved visa was delivered at my home on a Saturday. The overall charges of getting a multiple entry tourist visas were INR 1000 (visa fees) + INR 2000 (VFS charges) + INR 300 (Courier Charges) + 400 INR (VFS Tax). So overall it cost me INR 3700/- to get multiple entry visas valid for one year.
Hope the information above helps you in applying for a visa to Malaysia.
Be a part of our journey on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram for more travel stories, ideas and photos from around the world.
Happy June !!!!