Welcome to the winter wonderland called Ladakh.
During the months of winter, temperatures in Ladakh ranges between -8C to -22C and RealFeel being -17C to -35C. Surviving the winter in Ladakh is not a child’s play and you need to be very well prepared to survive the harsh winter and the difficult terrain.
Based on our recent experience, here we give you a list of items that you need to pack to survive the winter in Ladakh:
1. Beanies – A must, as this will help you save your ears and head from the cold wind.
2. Scarf – A Nice chunky scarf to keep you warm and toasty.
Wearing: Beanie – Bought from the store at the Hotel Lobby, Ladakh | Coat – Promod | Scarf: H & M
3. Warm winter gloves – Pack a pair of nice gloves, either ski gloves or leather gloves, any one of them would do. It is almost impossible to move in the open without a pair of warm gloves during winter.
4. Neck Warmer – Neck warmers are the coolest thing this winter. Pack one or two to keep you warm.
5. Furry Winter Ear Muffs – A furry winter muff is very helpful in protecting your ears against the brutally cold wind of Ladakh.
6. Woollen Socks – Trust us on this, Woollen socks are a must. Carry at least 2-3 pairs to go with your trip. It will keep your feet warm and functioning. 🙂
7. Thermals – Preferably Merino wool thermals, this is the most important piece of winter clothing that you would need. Thermals help in creating a warm inner layer as a base.
8. Heavy Coat or Down Jacket – Bundle up in the frosty air with a nice heavy coat or down jacket preferably with synthetic insulation.
9. Ski Pants – Ski pants are helpful in layering and the good part is that they do not take much space in your luggage.
10. Poncho – This is my latest obsession, ponchos are an absolutely cool piece to add to your winter wardrobe. They can be used for layering or you can just throw on for evening hangouts or dinners at the hotel.
11. Sweater – Pack some colorful sweaters to get rid of the winter blues.
Wearing: Beanie & Neck Warmer – Acessorize India | Coat – Promod | Boots – Macy NewYork
12. Draped Cardigan – A winter essential, you can’t go wrong with this one.
13. Long / Short Basics T-shirts w/ or w/o Sleeve for Layering – Layering is the key to survive the winters in Ladakh, so make sure you pack well.
14. Black Denim – The most versatile piece in the closet.
15. Dark Denim – A must 😉
16. Fleece-lined Leggings – Fleece leggings are the coolest new entry, can be worn under a dress, ski pants or just used as a layer.
17. Dress – Preferably a sweater dress
Shop the style :
18. Leg Warmer – A nice pair of legwarmer adds so much fun to a boring winter outfit.
19. Waterproof / Snow Boots – One which can withstand rain or snow and protects your feet from getting wet in the snow.
Shop the style :
20. Sunglasses – Winter or Summer, sunglasses are must-have. 😀
Shop the style :
1. Moisturizer – A Lots.
2. Lip Balm – Carry a good lip balm with sun protection to get rid of the cracky lips.
3. Sunscreen Lotion ( SPF above 50 ) – Higher the better as you tend to get skin burns when under the sun as the sun is pretty harsh in higher altitudes.
4. Wet Wipes – No-brainers
5. Scrub – To get rid of the dry skin.
6: Face Pack – No doubt skin needs extra care during winter, so face packs are good to get back to your glowing skin and look the best during winter vacation.
7. Hand Cream – Winter is harsh and make your hands dry, so a nice hand cream comes very handy.
8. Dry Shampoo – For a bit of boost during winter months, dry shampoo is great.
9. Night Cream – Repair and nourish your skin.
1. Dry Fruits: Carry and keep munching to keep your energy level up.
2. Dark Chocolates: Who says NO to chocolates 😉
Diamox – Diamox [Acetazolamide] is prescribed to prevent and reduce the symptoms of altitude sickness.(generally above 10,000 feet/3,048 meters). As you might feel dizziness or headaches due to high altitude and lack of oxygen.
We would highly suggest you consulting a doctor before you take one.
Many thanks to Hotel Grand Dragon Ladakh for making this amazing trip possible.