When I was a kid, I used to get so excited whenever dad used to take us to any amusement park. I still reminisce the time when we visited Nicco park at Kolkatta for the first time. I was excited and all pumped up like any other kid on the block. As a kid we used to run everywhere, would go for all kind of rides, eat every damn thing sold by the food vendors and eagerly wait for hours in long twisted queues for rides…. aww I miss those good old days.
When we were planning our visit to Hyderabad, a visit to Ramoji Film City was high on our list.
We started around 11 AM from Gachibowli and were at Ramoji by 12 :15 PM, all thanks to the super awesome six lane outer ring road at Hyderabad. We parked our car, bought tickets and hopped on to one of the vintage kinda bus for a trip to the celluloid world. The park is too huge to be covered in a day. But due to crunch of time we had no other option other than to pick few interesting attractions.
From the colorful posters at the park entrance to the rides in the distance, the film city was a string of attractions.
Sneak with us to India’s best film city and experience behind the scene story of the glitz and glamour of the silver screen and get amazed by spell binding movie sets, lavish gardens and attractions.
– Entrance –
looks like this. ;). Pretty Colorful you might say with gifts shops.
Ticket Counter and Gift Shops
– Light & Sound Show –
To be honest, we did not have high hopes with the show. But the way it was scripted and beautifully executed, you will surely love it.
– Rides –
There are numerous rides for never-ending thrills for the adrenaline junkies.
– Butterfly Park –
Butterfly Park at Ramoji Film City is home to thousands of colorful butterflies
– Bird Park –
As you walk into the enclosure for caged birds, you are greeted by peacocks flying, lush greenery and cascading waterfalls.
Wings – The Bird Park is another addition to the film city. There is a separate section for Ostrich too.
– Vintage Bus Tour –
This is the tour you can’t miss. The vintage bus takes you to various sets that have been part of numerous movies over the years.
The highlight of our tour was visiting Anthony’s house from Malamal Weekly movie.
– Spell binding movie sets –
Ramoji film city is known for film sets and the zillions of movies shot here. Railway station, airport, hospital, temples for different religions, you name it and they have it.
Train Station where numerous movies have been shot.
Entrance to the Buddha Cave
Movie set ..
A beautiful replica of the the Mughal gardens.
– Photo -Ops –
You will find plenty of photo ops to feed your camera. Hollywood signs to Bollywood sets, London’s iconic red telephone booth to Bollywood’s most famous railway stations.
– Summer Carnival –
As the sun sets the entire park is transformed and illuminated with lights. The carnival procession takes place with stunt show, dance performances and DJ playing music . The dazzling lights and astounding light displays are amazing and hard to give a miss.
Carnival Days: 22 April-5 June, 2016
Other Activities :
- High Rope Course
- All Terrain Vehicle
- Shooting and archery
- Net Course
- Mountain biking
- Live Shows
- Timberland Play Zone
- Rain dance
- Magic Shows
- Bonsai garden
- Terrace Gardens
Facts about Ramoji :
- The Ramoji Film City in India is situated near Hayathnagar in Hyderabad, Telangana.
- It is spread across a sprawling 2000 acres, set up by Ramoji Group in 1996.
- Certified by the Guinness World Records as the world’s largest Filmstudio complex.
- 1.5 million tourists visit Ramoji Film City every year.
- Destination Wedding at Ramoji is also quite popular.
HANDY TIPS :
- The park is huge, so plan well in advance.
- Keep yourself hydrated.
- Wear comfortable shoes as you might end up walking a lot.
- Try to attend the light and sound show in the afternoon so that you can escape from the sweltering heat.
- There are also hotels for tourists within the premises.
- Try to attend an opening or closing ceremony.
- To satiate your hunger pangs numerous resurants are dotted all around the film city offering knick-knacks to fine dining experience.
- You can also opt for various packages offered which includes meals.
- Ramoji Buses starts from different locations, do check out the timings and exact pick-up/ drop points on their site.
Check out the various packages HERE.
Park Timings & Rates :
Timing: 9:00am to 8:30pm every day
Ramoji Film City
1800 4250 9999
There is fun and food for people of all ages!
Have you been to Ramoji Film City or planning to visit ? Do share your experience with us.