Flicking across glossy magazines and seeing multiple pictures over the internet. I had always drooled over the white powdery beaches, limestone cliffs, turquoise water body surrounding the islands, lush green forests and the amazing marine life that this beautiful country has to offer. The want for a postcard picture from the land of Siam had always been a desire for me.
I had always dreamt of the postcard pictures of the coastline and beaches of Thailand…..did not know that it would happen so early. Thanks to “Over the Rainbow” for choosing me as the winner of the Sweepstake contest on Facebook. Now, at least my husband won’t complain about my facebook addiction which landed us a trip to cherish forever. After winning the contest, we planned a complete Thailand trip for a freaking 9 days .
Below is the itinerary of our trip, we wanted to have relaxing laid back vacation rather than a hectic and exhaustive one.
We wanted to explore the place at our own pace 🙂 🙂
- Day 1 : We landed in Bangkok at noon and checked into our hotel. The day was completely spent rambling around the shopping malls of MBK, Siam Paragon and Siam Discovery. Most of our time was spent haggling at the Flea Market and indulging in local cuisine.
- Day 2 : We had time till noon in Bangkok and the plan was to visit temples. We went to Wat Pho (Reclining Buddha Temple) and the Golden Buddha temple with flower market and Chinatown whilst on our way to Don Muang Airport for our flight to Krabi. We got a good deal from AirAsia for our flight from Bangkok to Krabi and it cost us 835 THB per person. Krabi welcomed us with a light shower. After checking into our hotel all we did was to loiter around the streets of Aao Nang.
- Day 3 : It was spent traveling to multiple islands of Phi Phi in a tour which included snorkelling.
- Day 4 : Four Island Tour ( Chicken Island,Tup Island,Poda Island,Phra Nang Cave and Railey Beach). Snorkelling again. 🙂
- Day 5 : We said goodbye to Krabi and headed towards Khao Lak. The evening was spent looking at the sun setting in the Andaman Sea.
- Day 6 : We spent the day lazing on the beach and reading a book in the morning and sipping a mojito in the pool bar in the evening.
- Day 7 : We had booked a day trip to the famous Similan island National park which hails to be one of the best diving site in the world.
- Day 8 : We were back to Bangkok. We strolled through the night market, bought souvenirs for friends and family and then landed up on the rooftop restaurant of our hotel and enjoyed a beautiful dinner with a spectacular view of the city.
- Day 9 : We had an early morning flight back to Bangalore via Sri Lanka. We did not miss the chance to get a glimpse of the country and making the best use of our transit. 🙂
Have you been to Thailand ?
Do let us know what are the places you visited and that we did miss out , do share your views in the below comment box.
You might also like :