As a traveler, you might be aware that being wanderlust and an Indian Passport does not make a handsome match for sure.
Unlike countries like US and UK, traveling with an India passport is not easy when you have to go through a hell lot of documentation, standing in queues at the visa office and detailed planning before, a vacation, procuring bank statements, booking accommodation – you name it!
I was quite thrilled reading the latest article of Times of India regarding visa policies for Indians.
“There are 71 countries that allow visa-on-arrival or visa-free access to Indians, out of which 51 nations do not need Indians to possess a pre-issued visa.”
Excited to hear that, so was I 🙂 🙂
You might be busy scratching your head, going through different holiday packages browsing different travel websites and planning to spend your long weekends.
So time to ditch detailed planning, lengthy visa applications process.Pack your bags and go globetrotting.
Explore one of the below 6 amazing destinations that offer Visa on Arrival (VOA) or Visa – Free to Indians.
The holy land of Lord Pashupatinath and Gautam Buddha. Nepal is considered to be the land of adventures. The country where the highest mountain peak in the world – Mount Everest is located and has been mentioned by Lonely Planet as one of the best countries for adventure destination.Nepal is a hotspot destination for all adventure seeker.
Apart from adventures, the country is blessed with beautiful scenic destinations and pilgrim spot for Hindus and Buddhist.
- International Airport: Tribhuvan International Airport(KTM)
- Tourism Site: http://www.tourism.gov.np/ , http://welcomenepal.com/promotional/#
- VISA Regulations: Single entry visa on arrival is granted to Indian citizens for up to 150 days in Nepal.
Next on our list is another neighboring country- the ‘last Shangri La’. Nestled in the Himalayas and also known as the Kingdom of Bhutan. The Bhutanese name for Bhutan, Druk Yul, means “Land of the Thunder Dragon”. The country which has been hidden for centuries is blessed with breathtaking views, snow-capped mountain peaks soaring high up in the azure sky, ancient Buddhist heritage and diverse flora and fauna. It is advised that the visitors must travel as part of a pre-arranged package or guided tour. Explore the unspoiled natural beauty, towering cliffs, and pristine forests in the beautiful Himalayan Kingdom.
- International Airport: Paro Airport(PBH)
- Tourism Site: http://www.tourism.gov.bt/
- VISA Regulations: Indian passport holders don’t need a visa to enter but a travel permit can be obtained.
Busy street and tall soaring Sky scrapper are what comes to mind when you talk about Hong kong. But the city has much more to discover from famous Tian Tan Buddha or a tram ride to Victoria’s peak. From high-end designer boutiques or cruising at Hong kong Harbor. Take your kids and fly to the nearest Disney land, HongKong.
- International Airport: Hong Kong International Airport (HKG)
- Tourism Site: http://www.tourism.gov.hk/english/welcome/welcome.html, http://www.discoverhongkong.com/in/about-hktb/index.jsp
- VISA Regulations: : Hong Kong visa for Indians can be obtained free of cost on arrival for a maximum stay of 14 days.
4. SRILANKA :
The Land of Ravana, formerly known as Ceylon awaits to welcome you saying “Vanakkam” or “ayubowan”. From ancient ruins to city of gems, from Buddhist centers to virgin secluded beaches. Escape to this beautiful country which has suffered internal conflicts for years and now seems to be a promising tourist spot for the world. The explorer Marco Polo of the 12th century wrote that Sri Lanka is the finest island in the whole world. So, why not discover this enchanting island which has been longing for years to gain the attention which it deserves.
- International Airport: Mattala Rajapaksa International Airport (HRI), Ratmalana Airport (RML), Bandaranaike International Airport(CMB)
- Tourism Site: http://www.srilanka.travel/
- VISA Regulations: A visa on arrival costs USD $15 for Indians. The online visa must be applied before entering the country. This “Tourist ETA visa” is valid for 3 months, starting from the day it has been approved Please note the link to ETA and more information on the same (http://www.eta.gov.lk/slvisa/visainfo/center.jsp?locale=en_US)
5. MAURITIUS :
An island in the sun. Perfect place to unwind and relax from monotonous life in the beautiful dreamy settings. Sip in your drink by the pool or go for underwater sea walk, snorkel around the island or discover the hidden verdant hills.Take a break and fly to Mauritius for an amazing vacation.
- International Airport: Sir Seewoosagur Ramgoolam International Airport(MRU)
- Tourism Site: http://www.tourism-mauritius.mu/
- VISA Regulations: A visa on arrival is issued free of charge.
6. MALDIVES :
The mere mention of the country evokes thoughts of paradise. While flicking through the glossy magazine, you might have seen numerous pictures of Maldives for sure. A paradise on its own.Its sheer beauty that stays with you long after your tan fades. Book your flights and accommodation and escape to this beautiful country which is an archipelago of islands. Sun, sand and magnificent underwater await you. A perfect postcard destination and a vacation of a lifetime.
Relax, read a book or dip in the infinity pool of your resort. This is a place the to be. Learn the art of doing nothing 😉
- International Airport: Ibrahim Nasir International Airport(MLE)
- Tourism Site: http://www.visitmaldives.com/en
- VISA Regulations: Maldives visa for Indians can be obtained on arrival for a maximum stay of 30 days.
To see more Countries Offering On Arrival Visa.Click Here
Check this Link for information about other ccountries:http://www.visasforindians.com/TouristSummary.html
Disclaimer : The above information might be subject to change depending on the Countries embassy policies and guidelines.
All the images are from respective country tourism site .
Pack your bags and head straight to airport for an amazing vacation.
🙂 🙂 🙂
Let me know in the below comment box where are you heading for your next vacation !!!!!!