With smartphones getting smarter by day, it’s hard to keep a track of the best phone in the market. As a travel blogger for me any phone which is easy to use, helps me stay connected, keeps me organized and above all delivers high-quality images is a hands-down winner.
When ASUS India sent me this phone last week, I was thrilled to review it as it was a pleasant change from Apple iPhone which I have been using for years now and somehow have never tried anything else apart from iPhone.
After using the new ASUS Zenfone 5, I realized that I have been missing so many things in my phone especially FM radio 😉 … listening to music with the morning cuppa coffee or while driving to the office.
Here’s a low down of 7 things that makes me fall in love with #MyAsusZenFone 5:
Look & Feel:
The slim and sleek smartphone is one of the newest smartphone launched in the Zenfone series by ASUS which has 5″ TFT LED Backlight / 1280 x 720 HD IPS display with the scratch-resistant protection of Corning®Gorilla® Glass 3 which supports GloveTouch or a compatible stylus input. It has a nice soft touch back which helps with a firm grip and with amazing ZenphoneUI which has Android 4.3. In the new ZenUI, the apps are not cluttered, it provides a simple and clean look. Flicking down displays you all the apps and quick settings while left side opens up the notification panel.
Software & Features:
The Zenphone 5 is powered by Intel Atom Multi-core Z2580 chip processor which clocks at 1.6 GHz with a 2GB of RAM built into it, and the internal storage has 8 GB of storage (expandable up to 64 GB via microSD) and supports Dual Micro-Sim. The performance of the phone is awesome, there were no lags in spite multiple apps were running at the same time.
Pixel master technology with high-quality images is really one of the major highlights of ZenFone which has an 8-megapixel autofocus rear camera with a f/2.0 aperture lens and LED flash and a 2 MP front camera, I was not just impressed by the quality of the images, but also by the various modes like Time rewind, HDR, Panorama, Night, Low light, Selfie, Miniature, Smart Remove, All Smiles, Depth of field and Timelapse. The camera app also offers settings for shutter, ISO, white balance, color effects, timer, and geo-tagging.
Will soon post an entire post on the camera features of ASUS.
It’s a perfect travel and day companion with so many useful built-in apps in the phone. To Do Task, Mirror, Omlet Chat, Movie Studio you name it. The phone has everything to make your day to day life easier and as especially well – organized.
- Movie Studio: Shooting videos and then making a cool movie out of it is super easy with the movie studio, add clips to timeline with cool font texts and music and a professional video is ready to be shared right from the phone.
- Omlet Chat: Zenfone5 has its own awesome instant messaging app.
- Mirror: Last minute check or touch up, why to worry when you are carrying a mirror in your hand. We are not kidding … you have super cool MIRROR app to the rescue 🙂
- Quick Memo and SuperNote: As a blogger, I love taking notes on the go about places and the stories to remember and blog about it later. And if you are also like me then you will love these two apps in ZenFone 5. One is Quick Memo, to help the user make quick notes and pin it to your screen, you can even drag it out of the screen if you find it distracting. And other is the SuperNote which allows the creation of notes, drawings, lists etc. with the insertion of audio, video, images, text stamps, stickers, and shapes. They are password protected and can also be synced to the cloud.
- Kindle: Read your favorite books happily using your kindle app.
- To Do Task: Create tasks for the day, set reminders even mark as complete once the task is done.
- What’s next: Tracks the important events and also reminds you birthdays, anniversary or important meetings so that you can never miss one 🙂
- Splendid: It helps to control the color temperature, saturation, and hue of the display.
- Zen Link:
- Share Link to share images, movies with another device.
- Party Link can be used to share photos, movies or contacts and send them to many friends at one go.
- PC Link helps to connect to your computer.
- Remote Link apps act as a remote control while presentations at work.
ZenFone 5 is available with 8 and 16 GB variant, that can be expanded up to 64GB using MicroSD Card. In addition to that a 5 GB of web storage which is well integrated with the File Manager. With the habit of clicking pictures of every damn thing around, be it selfie or shoefie, I don’t have to worry much about the memory getting full.
Keeps me Connected:
You can stay connected with your work as well as friends by social media sites, from checking emails to web sharing is super easy and can also access other cloud storage services like Dropbox and Google Drive from the File Manager. You can use Gallery to browse images of your Dropbox which I find is super cool, you don’t have to worry about backup every time or transferring photos.
At a competitive price with amazing features being launched by Asus, no wonder it hails to be one of the best Smart Phone of the year and has an edge over other competitors in the market. If you’re looking for a low-cost, high-performance Android smartphone, ASUS Zenfone 5 is definitely worth every penny spent.
Do you own any of the Zenfone series of ASUS? What makes you fall in love with your phone do share with us in the below comment box. #MyAsusZenFone
Note: The phone was sent to us by ASUS India for review but opinion as always is our own.
If you do find our article useful in planning your trip, don’t forget to send a note/picture of your trip to us ( Email: firstname.lastname@example.org) for our Testimonial section.
Follow us on Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Pinterest | Youtube for more travel stories, idea and photos from around the world.
Subscribe to travel stories, ideas, and contests:
The pictures are great… 🙂 loved the mentioned features too… 🙂
Lovely post! Gr8 pics! Would also like 2 know if there r any drawbacks wid d phone- battery, camera in night time etc.!
looks like a cool phone…with inbuilt kindle it looks a winner
I am planning to buy a new phone. Maybe I will consider this. Camera for me is important as I click pictures for my travel blog using mobile only.