If you are little outdated with the latest trends, you might not know that Instagram recently added a new feature called “Stories” — a rip-off of Snapchat you can say.
HOW IT WORKS
You can add a bunch of photos, videos, boomerang with cute fonts all through the day with your friends and followers. Once the day is over and the stories will disappear. POOF!!!
It is as cool as it sounds !!!
And if you are wondering how to see Instagram stories, here’s few quick steps to help you get started.
– HOW TO USE –
- The first step, update your Instagram App.
- Once it is updated you will find a “+” on the top left-hand side of the app.
- By clicking on the “+” you could be able to add your own story.
- Click the on the circle to take pictures and hold it to record the video.
- You could also add photos, videos, hyper lapses or boomerang videos.
- Click on the pencil icon to add text or you can also sketch. Drawing tool helps you draw and pen icon helps you to write text over images.
7. By clicking on the download icon, you can save the picture or video and Checkmark button, you can share your story.
HOW TO ADD FILTERS
Swipe across to add the filters of your choice.
– HOW TO SEE –
- Whenever a new story is added by anyone. There is a red colored outlined circle around their profile pic.
- You can see anyone’s stories on your feed, either by going to their profile and tapping on their profile pic.
- Or at the homepage, you will see a new row added with latest stories posted by all your friends and people you follow.
- If there is a new story you want to see of a particular person, you just need to go to their feed and tap their profile pic. VOILA, you can see the story.
- You can also skip the ones you don’t like or swipe right and left to see more stories from your feed.
HOW TO DELETE
Stories can also be deleted. Tap on the three dots at the bottom and choose the picture/ video you want to delete.
You can also restrict people from seeing your story.
Go to Story settings and then go to “Hide My Story From” option and choose a person you want to hide your story from.
PS : You are the ONLY one to see the views of your Instagram stories.
Comments on stories can be sent as a direct message to the person. You also change the settings too —
- “Everyone” – Allowing everyone to comment
- “People You Follow” – Only for those you follow
- “Off” – No comments at all.
HOW TO SHARE/ SAVE YOUR STORY
If you have an amazing story to share and don’t want to loose it forever, you can save the story and share it as a regular post on your Instagram feed. Tap on Share as Post.
Keep sharing you Instastories !!!!
Follow us on Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Pinterest | Youtube | Google+ for more travel stories, ideas, and photos from around the world.
Really informative and well written post… Have reblogged on my blog as well…
Thanks a lot Santosh 🙂