If visa formalities and approvals give you sleepless nights and you get completely dissuaded from traveling, then wait, why not plan a surprise vacation for your loved ones to one of the destinations that offer visa on arrival for Indians. Traveling with an Indian passport is not easy when you have to go through a lot of documentation, standing in queues at the visa office and detailed planning before a vacation, booking accommodation in advance– you name it! The task of obtaining a visa can be so daunting that sometimes it can put off your whole vacation plan.
Explore one of the below amazing destinations that are either Visa-Free or that offer Visa on Arrival (VOA) for Indians. You can also check websites where getting an online visa is super quick and hassle-free.
So time to ditch the detailed planning, lengthy visa applications process. Pack your bags and go globetrotting to these destinations that offer visa on arrival for Indians.
Nepal is considered to be the land of adventures; The holy land of Lord Pashupatinath and Gautam Buddha. The country where the highest mountain peak in the world – Mount Everest is located and has been mentioned by Lonely Planet as one of the best countries for adventure destination.
Apart from adventures, the country is blessed with beautiful scenic destinations and pilgrimage spots for Hindus and Buddhists.
- International Airport: Tribhuvan International Airport(KTM)
- Tourism Site: http://www.tourism.gov.np/, http://welcomenepal.com/promotional/#
- VISA Regulations: Indian nationals do not need a visa to visit Nepal however you should carrying one of the following with you:-
- Valid Indian passport.
- Voter ID issued by the Government of India.
- Emergency certificate issued by the Embassy of India in Nepal.
Next on our list is another neighboring country- the ‘last Shangri La’. Nestled in the Himalayas and also known as the Kingdom of Bhutan. The Bhutanese name for Bhutan, Druk Yul, means “Land of the Thunder Dragon”.
The country which has been hidden for centuries is blessed with breathtaking views; snow-capped mountain peaks soaring high up in the azure sky, ancient Buddhist heritage, and diverse flora and fauna. It is advised that the visitors must travel as part of a pre-arranged package or guided tour.
- International Airport: Paro Airport(PBH)
- Tourism Site: http://www.tourism.gov.bt/
- VISA Regulations: Indian passport holders don’t need a visa to enter but a travel permit can be obtained.
3. HONG KONG
Busy streets and tall soaring skyscrapers are the few things that come to mind when you talk about Hong Kong. But the city has much more to discover from the famous Tian Tan Buddha or a tram ride to Victoria’s peak. From high-end designer boutiques or cruising at the Hong Kong Harbor.
- International Airport: Hong Kong International Airport (HKG)
- Tourism Site: http://www.tourism.gov.hk/english/welcome/welcome.html, http://www.discoverhongkong.com/in/about-hktb/index.jsp
- VISA Regulations: It can be obtained free of cost on arrival for a maximum stay of 14 days.
4. SRI LANKA :
The explorer Marco Polo of the 12th century wrote that Sri Lanka is the finest island in the whole world. So, why not discover this enchanting island which has been longing for years to gain the attention that it deserves. The country is home to some of the finest tea gardens, Buddhist sites, beaches, and ancient ruins.
- International Airport: Mattala Rajapaksa International Airport (HRI), Ratmalana Airport (RML), Bandaranaike International Airport(CMB)
- Tourism Site: http://www.srilanka.travel/
- VISA Regulations: You can check their official website or e-visa website that helps you get online Sri Lanka visa. This “Tourist ETA visa” is valid for 3 months.
5. MAURITIUS :
Perfect place to unwind and relax from the monotonous life in the beautiful dreamy settings. Sip in your drink by the pool or go for underwater sea walks, snorkel around the island or discover the hidden verdant hills.
- International Airport: Sir Seewoosagur Ramgoolam International Airport(MRU)
- Tourism Site: http://www.tourism-mauritius.mu/
- VISA Regulations: A visa on arrival is issued free of charge.
6. MALDIVES :
The mere mention of the country evokes thoughts of a paradise. While flicking through the glossy magazine, you might have seen numerous pictures of Maldives for sure. A paradise on its own.
Its sheer beauty that stays with you long after your tan fades. A perfect postcard destination and a vacation of a lifetime. Relax, read a book or dip in the infinity pool of your resort. Learn the art of doing nothing 😉
- International Airport: Ibrahim Nasir International Airport(MLE)
- Tourism Site: http://www.visitmaldives.com/en
- VISA Regulations: Maldives visa for Indians can be obtained on arrival for a maximum stay of 30 days.
7. THAILAND :
Cobalt blue water and warm welcome, just a 3 hours flight will take you to land of shopper’s paradise, honeymooner’s heaven, vibrant nightlife, best-snorkeling sites, and tranquil beaches. The perfect hideaway to relax by the beach, swim or snorkel in clear blue waters and enjoy water sports like sea walking, paragliding, scuba diving. Enjoy your stay at culturally inclined Chiang Mai, go for island hopping at Phi Phi, enjoy at the all night long full moon parties (http://fullmoonparty-thailand.com/) or take in the city life at Bangkok. Thailand welcomes you with its famous Thai smiles and hospitality.
- International Airport: Phuket International Airport (HKT), Chiang Mai International Airport (CNX), Don Muang International Airport (DMK), Suvarnabhumi Airport (BKK)
- Tourism Site: http://www.tourismthailand.org/
- VISA Regulations: A visa on arrival is Baht 1000
8. INDONEASIA :
If you are a culture freak or admirer of nature, this country is the perfect spot. Escape to the heart of Bali – Ubud, enjoy the mesmerizing sunset at the pristine beaches of Seminyak or deserted Tanha-Lot. The ever-comforting hospitality of this country will surely give you memories to cherish for a lifetime. And if you’re an adventurous soul, then take a quick flight/ferry ride from Bali to Flores Island and witness Komodo Dragon in their natural habitat. Doesn’t that sound interesting and awesome ;)? So what are you waiting for J.Go spellbound !!!
- International Airport: Husein Sastranegara International Airport(BDO), Soekarno-Hatta International Airport(CGK),) check this link for more international airports here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_airports_in_Indonesia
- Tourism Site: http://www.indonesia.travel/
- VISA Regulations: A visa on arrival is available at USD 35.
9. SEYCHELLES :
An archipelago of 115 islands, a dream destination, blessed with white powdery secluded beaches and crystal blue water. A perfect place for honeymooners in a visually spectacular location. Slip-on a sarong, laze around the beach and enjoy the setting sun against bewildering azure waters that grabs your heart. Walk hand in hand at the golden beaches with your life partner. Life cannot be perfect than this. Perfect place to unwind.
- International Airport: Seychelles International Airport (SEZ) or Aéroport de la pointe Larue as it is known locally is on the island of Mahé
- Tourism Site: http://www.virtualseychelles.sc/, http://www.seychelles.travel/en/home/index.php
- VISA Regulations: Seychelles visa for Indians can be obtained on arrival for free for a maximum stay of 30 days provided holding an onward or return ticket, proof of accommodation and sufficient funds for the duration of the stay.
10. MADAGASCAR :
An island country in the Indian Ocean, off the southeastern coast of Africa which split from India around 88 million years ago. The fourth-largest island in the world after Greenland, New Guinea, and Borneo. It has diverse flora and fauna which exists nowhere else. The island is both beautiful and exotic.
- International Airport: Ivato International Airport(TNR) at Antananarivo
- Tourism Site: http://www.madagascar-tourisme.com/
- VISA Regulations: Madagascar visa for Indians can be obtained on arrival for a maximum stay of 90 days by paying a fee of MGA 140,000 ($75).
11. ANTARCTICA :
The literal meaning of ‘Antarctica’ is ‘opposite the bear’. The fifth-largest, coldest and driest continent on Earth. It can be reached by Air or Ship. Escape to this ice blanketed continent before it melts, on an expedition of a lifetime.
- International Airport: Christchurch International Airport is one of the nearest airports. Check for more airports http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_airports_in_Antarctica
- Tourism Site: http://www.vb-tech.co.za/Antartica/, http://iaato.org/home
- VISA Regulations: No single government controls Antarctica, so visitors do not need visas to go there.
12. FIJI ISLANDS :
Bula! Cruising, Sailing, Island Hopping, coral diving, relaxing by the white sandy beaches or traditional Bobo massages is what you want then why not fly to the country which has 333 islands to discover. It has regular flights from many international destinations (Hong Kong, Auckland, Christchurch, Brisbane, Melbourne, Sydney, Honolulu, Los Angeles, and Vancouver).
Tips: You can fly from Hong Kong to Fiji with the hassle-free visa experience as Hong Kong also provides VOA for Indians.
- International Airport: Nadi International Airport(NAN)
- Official Tourism Site: http://www.fiji.travel/
- VISA Regulations: Entry visas are granted on arrival for a stay of up to 4 months at the airport itself.
Source: Google, Lonely Planet, Wiki and respective Country Embassy Site
Disclaimer: The above information might be subject to change depending on the Countries embassy policies and guidelines.
No more pre-planning holidays and visa approval jitters.
Let us know in the below comment box where are you heading for your next vacation !!!!!!
Subscribe to travel stories, ideas, and contests:
If you do find our article useful in planning your trip, don’t forget to send a note/picture of your trip to us ( Email: firstname.lastname@example.org) for our Testimonial section.