Magical Bluebell Forest in Belgium
Let us introduce you to a magical forest in Belgium. Hallerbos is a forest in Halle, Belgium famous for purple-blue hyacinth flowers growing in the wild. Also, know as bluebell flowers, these rare flowers attract visitors from all over the world. The forest looks magical covered in a carpet of bluebell flowers during spring. If you are planning to visit Belgium during spring then don’t miss a chance to see these rare flowers during their full bloom ( Bluebell Walk map ). To know more about how to visit Hallerbos (Belgium) – Mystical Forest, keep reading this article.
How to visit Hallerbos (Belgium) – Mystical Forest
Hallerbos forest is located in Halle, about 25 km south of Brussels. It is well connected by both road and train. You can take a train from Brussels to Halle and from Halle, a complimentary bus takes you to Hallerbos forest. You can also rent a bike from the Halle train station. Driving to the forest is also possible but do note that many of the streets are converted to the one-way street during the blue-bell season, so keep that in mind while driving. ( enter “Vlasmarktdreef Halle” in your GPS system )
- Nearest Airport – Brussels Airport
- Nearest Train Station – Halle and then get on bus line 114/ 156
Best Time to Visit Hallerbos
The best time to visit the Hallerbos forest is in mid-April. However, the blooming of the flowers depends on the weather. You can track the latest updates about the blooming of the flowers on their official website.
Few things to keep in mind
- Stick to the trail and make sure you do not pluck or step on the flowers.
- Hallerbos is a public forest so there is no entrance fee. You can visit any time of the day.
- The trail can be wet and muddy sometimes, do wear a good pair of walking shoes.
- Pack some snacks and do carry a bottle of water. It might be tiring for kids on a sunny day.
- Dogs are allowed but they should be on the leash.
- There are designated cycling and walking trails.
- There are makeshift bathrooms near the entrance of the forest.
Do let us know in the comment section below if you have visited this mystical forest.
If you are in Belgium then do not forget to visit the beautiful town of Brugges. Do check out the top things to do in Brugges.
Subscribe to travel stories, ideas, and contests:
If you do find our article useful in planning your trip, don’t forget to send a note/picture of your trip to us ( Email: firstname.lastname@example.org) for our Testimonial section.