If you are looking for a step-by-step guide to know the latest guidelines and quarantine rules if you are travelling from India to Germany ( Bangalore to Munich during the pandemic), then do read on. In this post, we share with you all the details and things you have to follow before boarding and after arrival based on our personal experience.
Watch our Youtube video “Banaglore to Munich Travel during the pandemic”to know about our travel experience during the pandemic. We travelled from Bangalore, India to Munich, Germany on 13th Feb 2021.
Bangalore to Munich – PRE ARRIVAL PROCEDURES
Mandatory – FFP2 Masks/ N95 Masks as per the new Covid Guidelines by the German Government.
Documents Needed to Board the flight –
- Register your travel at https://www.einreiseanmeldung.de/
- You will receive a PDF confirmation. Carry the printout of the confirmation email.
- Print Out Report of Negative RT-PCR Test conducted within 48 hours.
Bangalore to Munich – POST ARRIVAL PROCEDURES
You have to undergo a mandatory ten days home quarantine. So, plan to get your groceries and other essentials accordingly.
Once you have arrived in Germany, you have to email your Test Certificate reports and details like Name, Date of Birth, Phone Number, Country to the district administrative authority in Munich by email – firstname.lastname@example.org
You have to inform immediately to your local health authority (in Munich by email to email@example.com) if you see develop any typical symptoms such as cough, fever, runny nose, or loss of smell and taste occur within ten days of entry. Here’s the link to find Local Health Authorities to Report – https://tools.rki.de/PLZTool/en-GB? to find your local authority.
You can book your free Covid test appointment on the 5th Day (Day 0 + 5 days) at any of the Covid test centers. (Link of the website – https://www.corona-teststelle.de/ ) And, send the report to the above-mentioned email IDs.
Note: We sent our negative RT-PCR Test report to both the email IDs mentioned above post-arrival.
Important Links to Refer –
- For all latest updates – Munich Airport Link
- Covid Related Latest Guidelines
- Information on Digital Entry Registration
- FAQ of the Federal Ministry of Health
- FAQ of the Bavarian State Ministry for Health and Care.
- Entry Quarantine Ordinance (EQV). Further information on the quarantine obligation and the exceptions can be found in the FAQ on EQV of the Bavarian State Ministry for Health and Care.
- > Coronavirus entry regulation
- > Information on the test procedure at Munich Airport
- > General decree of test evidence from immigrants
- > FAQ on the Entry Quarantine Ordinance (StMGP)
- > FAQ on digital entry registration (BMG)
- > Risk areas according to the Robert Koch Institute (RKI)
- > Travel warnings from the Federal Foreign Office
- > Border controls and entry into Germany (FAQ of the Federal Police)
Hope this post of travelling from Bangalore to Munich during the pandemic has helped you to prep for your own trip. Do let us know in the comments section below if you found this post useful for your trip.
If you are planning a trip the other way around, do check out our other blog post.
Follow us on Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Pinterest | Youtube for more travel stories, ideas, and photos from around the world.
Subscribe to travel stories, ideas, and contests:
If you do find our article useful with your furniture shopping needs then do let us know in the comment section below.